Sunday 24 June 2007

Prologue - Part Two



Benoit Mandelbrot coined the term "fractal" in 1975 from the Latin fractus or "to break". Above is a fractal you will notice that each piece of the object is a scaled down version of the previous section. Mandelbrot and Heraclitus had similar ideas about this concept although they lived thousands of years apart.


``Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.''
Benoit Mandelbrot


“I see nothing but becoming. Be not deceived! It is the fault of your limited outlook and not the fault of the essence of things if you believe that you see firm land anywhere in the ocean of becoming and passing. You need names for things, just as if they had a rigid permanence, but the very river in which you bathe a second time is no longer the same one which you entered before”

Heraclitus



The Timeless Zone

“God, guess what I know who I am, I am the light”

“That’s right you are the light “, says God

“But I want to experience who I am “, said the little soul

“You are u “, said God

“I want to know myself “, said the little soul

“What do you want to know yourself as “, asked God

“I want to know myself as a junkie”

“But all is perfect there is nothing to be addicted to “

The little soul felt frustrated, because he wanted to be a junkie.

Then another little soul who was nearby heard what was going on and said, “Hey I hear you want to be a junkie, maybe I can help you out”

“You can, you would do that for me that’s great how can you do that?” says the little soul

“Well you and I can be born on earth, and I will introduce you to heroin,”

“Wow you would do that for me, thanks so much”

“But you will also need to have something to feel bad about, you can decide what that might be”

“Ok sounds simple enough.”

“But you must make one promise and that in your darkest moment you must remember why you are there. Because if you don’t we will be doomed to repeat the cycle and another little soul will have to come down to free us”


(Adapted from The Little Soul and the Sun by Neale Donald Walsch and Frank Riccio)


(All material in the following online novel is copyright © 2007 GR Klein)




No comments:

 
Who links to me?