Friday 29 June 2007

Chapter 11 - Hospital Take 2


``A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.''

Samuel Butler


They say before you die your life flashes before your eyes, well it seemed as though I had just had a brief recap of my life, again.

When I woke up I was in a hospital ward. The last thing I remembered was getting the smack filled red balloon from Lee and shooting up in the toilets. I wondered if like Neo, I had made the right choice. Waking up in the hospital, having lunch chatting about Adolf, going outside and then just an incredibly hot bright light………………

I could hear the chorus to Jethro Tull’s “Skating away on the thin ice of a new day”, but it was an instrumental cover version.

Bright fluorescent lights greeted me. I felt groggy there was a drip in my arm and they had taken my shirt off. Sitting up I felt disorientated but hungry. A nurse was serving lunch and so I requested a vegetarian meal. The nurse smiled and brought me a salad sandwich, which I quickly gobbled up.

I wondered how I had got there, I could see that I was in a hospital but had no recollection of travelling there, more lost time. Maybe I had been abducted again, or was it just another OD.

I lent over to turn on the radio and the first thing I heard was, “you know maybe a chicken is an eggs way of making another egg. You know you don’t have to do it………………… “

No comments:

 
Who links to me?